Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

My body saved my life

My body saved my life
by Tinanglennie on Aug 06, 2019, 01:58AM

On March 24th 2016 I was hit by a D.C. Metro bus and drug 50 ft. I was in the hospital for over a month. I suffered a shattered tibia,shattered humerus,degloving of my right foot,concussion and multiple chipped teeth. I just had my 12th surgery July 8th of this year. I have recovered so well because I was a rehabilitation trainer before my accident and I was in optimal shape. So I basically didnt loose limbs or die because of that.I am lucky I know this and I thank God everyday,but i have struggled integrating back to some sort of “normalcy”. I dont have many people to walk to that understand what I’m going through. The constant chronic pain and frustration of not being able to do the things I was once able to do is overwhelming at times. I would love to meet new people that kinda get it. I need a support group,I need to vent at times.

Reply: My body saved my life
by EileenFlores on Apr 28, 2020, 08:06PM

Hi, there How are you doing in your recovery? Are you still interested in finding a Survivor Support group in the DC area? Please e-mail eflores@amtrauma.org if you are interested. We’re thinking of you today.