Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

not a survivor yet

not a survivor yet
by rhb on Apr 28, 2020, 07:35PM

Hello, I don’t know if I’m in the right forum, because I can’t consider myself a “survivor” yet, but I thought I would tell my story.. I have decided to seek help for my injury. I’m 66 years old, in good health otherwise. About a year ago, I hit my head against a metal table, I didn’t feel too bad after, slight pressure and a stiff neck, I hear clicking sounds when I rise my head. I’ve felt little groggy and sleepy but not faint or unsteady. My equilibrium is good and don’t feel dizzy and feel like I could fall. My senses are normal, as well as vision I’ve never needed glasses. Everything is normal. I have NEVER lost consciousness since this happened. Recently I had a toothache, and I had the tooth removed. Since the onset of it, the groggy feeling has increased. But I am still in full possession of my faculties/senses. My question for you folks; does this sound serious? What could it be? hematoma? What risks are there for treatment? Complications? What would I have to undergo? Will I be prescribed drugs and how will my life be afterwards? Thanks for listening

Reply: not a survivor yet
by EileenFlores on Apr 28, 2020, 08:08PM

Thanks for sharing your story. We’re sorry to hear of your accident. We encourage everyone with medical concerns to contact their doctor and make an appointment to discuss any concerns. During the COVID-19 epidemic, many doctors have even set up virtual visits so you can speak with a doctor from home. We’re thinking of you today.