Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

mother looking for help

mother looking for help
by ferg1023 on Jan 15, 2019, 06:25PM

My 16 year old daughter was in a fatal car accident just a year ago 12/27/2017 she was pronouced dead on arrival, brought back and fought for 4 days on life support then a miraculous recovery with not many major injuries besides the TBI traumatic brain injury that we are still dealing with but of it all today 01/09 is a year since her boyfriend lost his fight! he had multiple injuries and previous concussions that this time was just too much …. she is struggling so bad – i dont know what to say or do to help her ! she doesnt remember and wants to so bad. all she knows is she remembers them laughing in car and wakes up to her entire world turned upside down. – because of her injuries she didnt even get to say goodbye and she doesnt want to talk to noone because noone understands – there has to be someone ! i am desperate scared for her and worried to death where she is going to end up – shes not sleeping or wanting to eat and wants to stay in her room all the time

Reply: mother looking for help
by EileenFlores on Jan 31, 2019, 02:51PM

Thank you for sharing about your daughter and all that she and your family have been through in the past year. The Trauma Survivors Network is a community of survivors and loved ones of survivors who have experienced similar traumatic injuries and the highs and lows that tend to come with the healing process. We are so sorry to hear of your daughter’s loss of her boyfriend. We encourage you to help your daughter connect with a licensed counselor or therapist who can help her process this loss while she continues to heal physically and emotionally. I will e-mail you a list of resources that we hope will be helpful. Also, please let us know if you would like to talk to a TSN Peer Visitor, who is also a parent of a trauma survivor. Sometimes it helps to talk with another parent with similar experiences to remember you are not alone. We’re thinking of you and your daughter today. ** Eileen Flores, National TSN Coordinator eflores@amtrauma.org