Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

my car accident

my car accident
by mrs montes on Oct 11, 2016, 12:59AM

on the morning of October 12 2015 I decided to wake up early and run to the market close to my house so I could fix breakfast for my family on my way home maybe 2mins I was hit by a man who ran the stop sign I don’t remember much I was ejected from my car I woke up on the side walk bleeding from everywhere I don’t even remember much I asked while on the way to the hospital was I dreaming when I got to the hospital lots of doctors and nurses rushed to see all my injuries I just felt blooding pouring everywhere when I touched the back of my head it felt open they had to stapled my head closed from the middle of my back and down to my side cuts open everywhere the worse was my side it had to be stapled closed they gave me a ct scan that was ok also x rays which came back with fractures in my bad also they told me I had a bad concussion after they finished stitching me up everywhere else after a while I got to go home next day I woke up I felt like I was ran over by a big truck dizzy blurred vison hurting everywhere fast forward it has been almost a year now and I still don’t feel normal still hurt sometime feel sad I have scars so bad anyone else feel like you are not normal anymore

Reply: my car accident
by Brenda A on Nov 15, 2016, 05:13AM

Im sorry for your tragic accident and it takes a while for people to begin treating you like normal

by Deleted User on Nov 16, 2016, 05:13PM

If you were injured in the accident, I would strongly advise against writing that statement regarding the accident and injuries sustained from the accident without first consulting with an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney. As https://www.wesettle.com/ has described, the insurance adjusters will review the document with a fine tooth comb and look for any cracks in the case to exploit in their favor. Do yourself a favor and take a free consultation with an attorney before giving any testimony, written or otherwise.

by KellyPerez80 on Jan 30, 2017, 02:50PM

It’s been almost a year since my wreck I broke both wrist, 3 vertebra in my back, 6 places in my pelvis including my hip socket with dislocation and my heel.It w ill be a year in April and I HAVE Alot of depression and suicidal thoughts because I’m still in so much pain. The hag a10 he surgery on my pelvis and surgery on my left wrist and I don’t know how much longer I can hold out. ALL i hear is push the pain Kelly you gotta be string Kelly well guess what I don’t feel strong I don’t wanna push anymore I’m tired and frustrated and can hardly get any help for the pain! idk if it gets better I’m sure it will.i have Alot of pain and swelling due to the pelvic fractures and the heel fracture.

by Deleted User on Feb 06, 2017, 06:11PM

My name is Guy and in May 2015, I was severely injured in a terrible car accident that almost took my life. I was on my way home, when through no fault of my own, the car was suddenly whipped out of the road, as the driver of a loaded truck tried to overtake us. The vehicle, as you can see in the picture above, ended up completely wrecked. Today I am convinced that a miracle saved me that day, so I could live to see my three, beautiful daughters grow up. However, I am still suffering from a terrible concussion and debilitating, chronic pain that does not let me work. My family needs me to support them and it causes me great pain to be in this position, unable to offer them what they need. Fortunately,I have found a financial solution to help me cover treatments,traveling and living cost. I strongly recommend you to find out if you are eligible to received pre-settlement funding at http://www.omvvf.com You will be glad about your action. Wish everyone the best !

by Hannah95o on Aug 02, 2017, 03:49AM

Hi, it is so strong of you all to open up about your stories. If you have some time could you please give my post a read. I am a current student at the University of Queensland studying a Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) and am in the process of completing my thesis. I believe my thesis is very relevant to a lot of you and therefore would love you participation. The aim of my research is to determine if and how scarring caused by a vehicle accident effects levels of PTS, depression and anxiety. Hopefully my research will be published and therefore will help improve awarness relating to the psychological impact of scarring and how the health system treats it. I am seeking participants who have any form of scarring, who have been involved in a crash, whether it be on the road or in the water. The link attached will take you to the participant information sheet, which includes; the purpose of the study, what is involved, potential risks, confidentiality of data, ethical clearance details and further contacts if needed as well as the link to the survey. I would really love your participation and if you could please pass this onto anyone you know who is going through that same thing that would be amazing. https://exp.psy.uq.edu.au/crashes Thank you so much and feel free to message me with any queries

by Schiffrinpa on Sep 06, 2017, 07:15AM

Having a car accident sometimes proves traumatic mentally and physically. Individuals psychological state after a car accident is uncertain. your post is so good to read and informative it was. I like the precious suggestions that can be follow after including any personal injury cases. Thank you for the ideas shared with us in your expertly written blog post. Nice work…. http://www.schiffrinpa.com/lawyer/hallandale-be…

by sueglover911 on Dec 26, 2018, 01:18AM

On March 7, 2018 I was with my son and his family going to meet a friend. I was in the back seat behind the driver, which was my son. There was no seatbelt there. Someone must have taken it out or something. My son had just bought the car a few days before. I looked up and realized that we were on the wrong side of the road heading for a deep ditch, which at the time looked more like a canyon to me. I looked at my son and he was staring blankly straight ahead, completely unaware of the pending accident. There was no time for me to warn anybody. We hit going about 55 miles per hour. I immediately started flying around the car hitting everybody and everything. I wouldn’t shut my eyes because I was afraid if I did I would never open them again. I just kept praying over and over for God to let us live. The car flipped a few times in both directions. I just wanted the car to stop. Finally it did but before I could feel any relief I felt my body being pulled like being auctioned out. I went head first out the back glass. I landed face down in the dirt. I was in the worst pain I had ever been in in my life. People were stopping and they would lay their hands on me and prayed for me. The pain was terrible but at least I knew I was alive. As I was being ejected out the back window I heard movement from the drivers seat. My sons seatbelt had either broke or came undone and he was ejected out of the side glass and his body went completely through a wooden fence. Finally ambulances from all around started arriving. They put me and my son in one ambulance but they told us that we had to be air-lifted and they were doing what they could while we waited on the helicopters. They started hooking up IVs and we were begging for something for the pain. My son kept going in and out but I managed to not pass out and unfortunately I remember everything except one thing. When the car landed it landed on my left arm and I don’t remember anything about that or them lifting the car off of me. I just knew they were telling the truth by the damage done to my arm. I really think God was protecting me from that memory and the pain that I’m sure came with it. The helicopters finally arrived and they put me in one helicopter and my son in one. They took both of us to the same Trauma Center. They also put my 4 year old granddaughter in a helicopter and my 2 year old grandson in another one. They took them to a major children’s hospital. My daughter-in-law wasn’t injured very badly and they took her by ambulance to a local hospital. Thank God my grandson wasn’t injured just bruised and they released him that afternoon. My granddaughter had one of her femur bones broken and had to have surgery for that but she was released in 3 or 4 days. My daughter-in-law was released the same day. They had gave me something for pain in the helicopter but it wasn’t helping. After I got in the ER they gave me more and did CT scans and x-rays they told me that both femur bones were broke, both hip bones were broke and my left tibia bone was broke. I had to have 3 surgeries. I stayed in the hospital a week and had to have a blood transfusion. After a week they transferred me to the rehab unit in a nursing home. I spent 7 weeks there learning how to walk again. I still have really bad pain in my legs and with the DEA cracking down on pain killers I couldn’t find anyone to write pain meds once I got out of rehab so it’s been a rough time. I think I have PTSD from it. I’m scared all the time. I feel like something else bad is going to happen. I can actually still feel the pressure and suction of my head going through the back glass when I was ejected and I’m awake not asleep. Will I ever get past all this?

by anden712 on Jun 06, 2020, 12:46AM

I’m not aware of all that law rules and regulations, because of i do not able to get workers compensation death benefits, I belong from California anyone can suggest a law firm.