WELCOME TO THE TRAUMA SURVIVORS NETWORK (TSN)
We are here for you! Most of us have little experience with traumatic injury. A sudden injury, the accompanying hospitalization and resulting recovery can be filled with uncertainty, anxiety and frustration.
The American Trauma Society has partnered with your trauma center to assist you through this difficult time. The main goal of the TSN is to help you connect with others and rebuild your life after a serious injury.
We encourage you to explore our website to learn about the free programs, services, and resources the TSN has to offer you. Many people have benefited from the TSN. Please join the TSN if you think we can help you…or if you can help support and inspire others who have had a similar experience.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TSN
Some of the programs and services provided through the TSN for you and your family include:
- A direct link to CarePages where you can create a free, personal, private web page to help you communicate with friends and family
- A Traumapedia where you can learn from the experts about common injuries and how they are treated
- A Patient & Family Handbook that provides you with practical information about your trauma center and what to expect in the hours and days after an injury
- A Peer Visitation to link trauma patients with volunteer trauma survivors who are ready to listen
- Peer Support Groups where trauma survivors connect and learn from each other
- The Next Steps where trauma survivors learn how to better manage life after a serious injury
- A Community Forum where trauma survivors and their families share experiences and provide support and hope to others
BENEFITS OF JOINING
When you join the TSN you will become a member of a growing community of people who have experienced a serious injury. Here are just some of the ways you can benefit:
- Communicate online with friends and family about your injury and recovery
- Learn about injuries from trauma experts
- Explore your trauma center and the services it provides
- Connect with others and share your experiences
- Learn how to meet the challenges of everyday life after a serious injury
- Give hope and inspiration to others