Broken wrist- HELP!!!!!’
by radientlibra on Jul 19, 2021, 03:15PM

I was recently in a car accident on June 25th, which broke my wrist, shattered a couple of fingers, fractured my ribs, broke my hip….etc. Out of every injury, I am struggling most with my wrist. I had surgery. They recently removed my cast and stitches. I immediately began to cry when I saw it. It looks as if it is still broken and snapped out of place. It also feels as though it is not even my hand. They replaced my cast with a splint and I was directed to take it off from time to time and move my hand around. Every time I remove it, the same feelings arise. I feel queasy. I can’t look at it. It feels very odd and heavy. Therefore, I opt to keep my splint on so I don’t have to see it. I don’t know what to do about this issue. I am so grateful to be alive but I just don’t know how to get past this part. No one understands… they just say, oh take off your cast, it looks fine. However, I do not agree. In addition… I was not even give follow-up OT services. Therefore I’m not even sure how it will get back to full functionality. Any advice/kind words would be appreciated