Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Trauma survivor, but now dealing with the aftermath

Trauma survivor, but now dealing with the aftermath
by Racegirl711k on Mar 23, 2023, 08:11PM

Hello, My name is Kristen and this is my first time posting on this page. 3 months ago I had an episode that hasn’t been fully understood, I went to bed, and I woke up in ICU. My husband said I was sleeping, sat up in middle of the night and slammed back down on the bed. He thought I was being funny so he shook me, he said I was as stiff as a board. He started CPR on me and he said I started turning blue, he called 911, they came and had to shock me twice. They said it was “seizure like symptoms but not an actual seizure” When I got to the hospital, they told my husband they didn’t know if I was going to make it, however they ended up getting me stable and I was in the ICU for 6 days. Leaving the hospital I thought I was fine. Nope…. Didn’t know I would suffer from PTSD, anxiety, and panic attacks. It’s been making me miss work, blow people off, sometimes I dont even sleep, others I wont get out of bed. It’s been the hardest thing to overcome. I have tried stress blankets, writing, talking walks, I’ve been in and out of the ER probably 5 times sense it happened beause I will freak out so bad. It’s miserable. My dad was burnt and almost died 15yrs ago, he faced the same kind of trauma and thoughts. He told me to get on a forum because that’s what he did and it helped… So here I am. :) Thanks for listening.

Reply: Trauma survivor, but now dealing with the aftermath
by gemtwink on Aug 23, 2023, 01:01PM

Sorry, I am not sure what is going wrong with this site. I was editing my profile, which overwrote the post I sent you. I am so sorry. You are not alone. There is group therapy online and in person. Some of you do need insurance. Feel free to write me. My other post was better, darn IT issues.