Injured at the Dentist's Office
by kjanse on Mar 23, 2023, 08:12PM

My left foot was trapped between the foot rest of the dental chair and a 17 lb. reception chair. The dental hygienist never caught any of it happening until I scream but it was too late. A severe sprain to my left ankle and two partial pelvic tears in left hamstring and right hip. My family physician told me I’d be feeling better in one week then she blocked me from seeing her as she put a note on my file she wouldn’t see me related to this. My Ortho (I hadn’t been discharged yet from my left knee replacement) wouldn’t even order me an xray when I requested it even when he could see the imprint of the metal bar from the chair in my foot. Needless to say very poor medical care even to this day. I can barely walk or stand or sit for long. One month after the incident I got a personal injury lawyer because I was in bed all the time and couldn’t even sit on my furniture. I’m so glad I did because my lawyer sent me to a Trauma Surgeon who did an assessment report on me outlining life altering injuries. After continuing to fight with my doctors I have an appointment soon at a foot and ankle clinic to diagnose another injury I know I have. Why is there such a stigma by some of the medical doctors in looking after an injured person? After the appointment I hope to receive treatment so I can walk better. I want to be able to garden, to be able to stand and paint the living room in my cottage. I want to be less dependent on my son. I want to be in less pain so that I can grocery shop. I just want to be able to do the simple things in life.