Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

I had a car accident today and...

I had a car accident today and...
by MeSheHer59 on Sep 19, 2023, 05:13PM

I had a car accident today, I’m like 80% sure the other driver popped their vehicle in front of my vehicle causing the accident but because I was the one turning I will have to take the blame. My entire front of my vehicle (the bumper) came off while the other person only has scratches on their vehicle. I was OK with things until I got home and have to look into possibly getting a rental vehicle. It also puts a dent in my plans to travel next week since I was to drive there. I went to research vehicle rentals since I’ve never done it before and looking at the costs and possible issues I’ve just started crying. I keep replaying it in my mind wishing I had not gone that route today, at that time, or had done something different so that wouldn’t have happened. I feel traumatized and scared! Where do I go from here? My vehicle is now a mess and being held together by some screws and tape. Should I start online shopping instead of driving around to shop? I’m scared and just wish it never happened :(

Reply: I had a car accident today and...
by katherinejoseph on Sep 20, 2023, 03:46PM

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear what you have experienced and do hope you are doing better today. Have you been able to connect with your insurance company? They should be able to help answer your questions and provide more insight on next steps.