Part I
by skyepartridge on Sep 19, 2013, 03:04PM

After he threw the towel on my chest, he ran out of the house. A neighborhood friend, who had heard the commotion from the other people that were in the house when I was shot, then came into the house and began to apply pressure to my chest with my shooters shirt that was already lying on my chest. I remember she was very calm, despite the look of desperation and fear on my face. I told her “I’m dying Diana” and she looked at me and said “No your not, you’re not going to die”. In my mind I was thinking she doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Can’t she see what I see? I felt my bottom get warm and wet. I was lost my bowels from both parts. My body was shutting down. I said to her again, “I’m dying. I’m peeing on myself. This is what happens when you die.” Talking began to become nearly impossible. I started to drift away, in and out of conciseness. I heard bits and pieces of the conversations going on around me. “Call 911, its in and out, where’s the ambulance, Skye look at me, keep your eyes open.” I remember seeing black holes in front of each of my eyes and they were growing bigger. This is it. This is where I die, I thought to myself. Then it felt as if something jumped right into my body and held my eyes wide open. And I have no doubt in my mind that it was God himself. Out of nowhere I was more alert than I had been since I initially got shot. In my head, a voice kept saying “Don’t close your eyes” over and over again. And I didn’t. A part of me can swear I didn’t even blink. Something in me told me to hold on until the paramedics got there. I was waiting so patiently. I was so still. Then the police can busting in the door, guns drawn. That’s when I lost my patience. I tried my best to shout “Where is the damn ambulance?!” This one officer, a blonde lady, looked down at me. The blood drained from her already pale face and she looked terrified which didn’t make me feel one bit better. She said “They are on the way. But we need to know who did this to you, why did he shoot you, do you know where is he now?” As she was asking me these barrage of questions that I deemed irrelevant at the time so I didn’t answer her, I heard the other three or four officers running up the stairs, to the kitchen, saying “Clear!” Then she asked the question that caught my attention. “Was it an accident?” I looked at her and shook my head yes.