National Trauma Survivors Day
Celebrate with us on May 15, 2019!
On Wednesday, May 15th the TSN community will celebrate National Trauma Survivors Day (NTSD). This celebration seeks to draw inspiration from and provide support to survivors of traumatic injuries and their caregivers, opening the road to their recovery from trauma. During this event, we encourage all those who support these patients to write them a note of inspiration to aid in the recovery process and to share this note via social media thereby creating one strong voice for recovery from injury.
Simply posting a message of hope and support by every one of us will create an unprecedented voice of compassion and solidarity from the trauma community on behalf of our patients and their families.
You can participate in any of the ways below!
Print this sign and write your words of advice or inspiration.
- Take your picture holding the sign.
- Upload the sign to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #TraumaSurvivorsDay and #NTSD
- Tag your friends and family along with your Trauma Center.
- You can also update your Facebook profile picture with our frame available here.
Send us a video about your new normal by April 30 to raise awareness for the TSN
- This year, we're focusing on trauma survivors new normal for our National Trauma Awareness Month and Trauma Survivors Day celebration.
- We'll be sharing pictures of survivors wearing their TSN t-shirts all month long.
- We also want to share stories from trauma survivors about how they reached their new normal to raise awareness for the TSN program!
- Upload your video here or email it to email@example.com by April 30, 2019 for a chance to be featured in our Trauma Survivors Day video!
- Don't forget to submit your video and photo release form here. More instructions are available here.
Create a 60 second video to Share on May 15, Trauma survivors day
- Length of video is between 30 and 60 seconds
- Briefly describes your experience with trauma and the trauma center where you received care
- Describes the most impactful moment of your recovery
- Survivors can email the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate $10 to the TSN by either
- Selecting "Trauma Survivors Network" from the donation list on the American Trauma Society website donation page
- Texting "TSN" to 703-215-4011