National Trauma Survivors Day
Celebrate with us on May 20, 2020!
On Wednesday, May 20th the TSN community will celebrate National Trauma Survivors Day (NTSD). This celebration seeks to draw inspiration from and provide support to survivors of traumatic injuries and their caregivers, opening the road to their recovery from trauma. During this event, we encourage all those who support these patients to write them a note of inspiration to aid in the recovery process and to share this note via social media thereby creating one strong voice for recovery from injury.
Simply posting a message of hope and support by every one of us will create an unprecedented voice of compassion and solidarity from the trauma community on behalf of our patients and their families.
You can participate in any of the ways below!
Print this sign and write your words of advice or inspiration.
- Take your picture holding the sign.
- If you already have a TSN t-shirt, send us a picture of you in it. We'd love to highlight you on TSN social media! If you want to order a TSN t-shirt (arriving mid-June) use the link here.
- Upload the sign to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #TraumaSurvivorsDay and #NTSD
- Tag your friends and family along with your Trauma Center.
- You can also update your Facebook profile picture with our frame available here.
Send us a video about your new normal by may 13, 2020 to raise awareness for the TSN
- This year, we're focusing on trauma survivors new normal for our National Trauma Awareness Month and Trauma Survivors Day celebration.
- We'll be sharing pictures of survivors wearing their TSN t-shirts all month long.
- We also want to share stories from trauma survivors about how they reached their new normal to raise awareness for the TSN program!
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13, 2020 for a chance to be featured in our Trauma Survivors Day video!
- Don't forget to submit your video and photo release form here. More instructions are available here.
Join the TSN and David Francisco for a Live Music and Survivor Celebration on Trauma Survivors Day, May 20, 2020
Join the TSN and trauma survivor David Francisco for a live music and survivor celebration on David's Facebook or Youtube page at 1 PM EDT on May 20. David is also donating 100% of the profits from the sale of his book, Lionheart, for any orders that come through this link.
Donate $10 to the TSN by either
- Selecting "Trauma Survivors Network" from the donation list on the American Trauma Society website donation page
- Texting "TSN" to 703-215-4011