i dont feel like its that serious....
by zoeybrianna on Nov 16, 2014, 02:03AM

Hi. My names Zoe and im 16 years old….On oct 28th i was in a car accident with my boyfriend. He was driving. And like an idiot i didnt have my seatbelt on. I was medivaced to fairfax hospital and was put on a venalator for almost 2 days. i have a brain injury and fractured bones in my neck .( My c1 was fractured and my c2 and c3 were compressed and out of alignment) i also have damage to my cranial nerve #3 which has caused my left eye to dialate and remain closed…. ive been in a different hospital for rehabilitation since oct 31st. I dont remember much of the accident or the days after , i finally got my memeory back that i was in the hospital and had been in a car accident on November 8th when i woke up that morning my sister asked me if i knew where i was and i did she then asked me if i knew why i was here and i said i was in a car accident.and about 3 days after that i started getting more of my memory back . I have rec , speech , and physical therapy. I dont think my brain injury is that serious because i now feel back to how i was before the accident and i get upset and mad when my therapist make a big deal about it , its my senior year i just want to go back to how things were before my accident so thats why i get very upset and mad when people try to make a big deal about it , i know its something serious but i dont want people to act like its a big deal because i want to be treated normal… one of my therapist makes a big deal about my injury and i get mad about that because it upsets me because i feel fine. And i go home on November 20th and i have to do out patient therapy , which i dont want to do because i feel fine and i just want things to go back to how they used to be. Its my senior year and i want to be able to enjoy it and go out with my friend and get to do stuff but i know im not going to be able to do that but i dont see why because i feel fine i dont feel like i have a brain injury i feel just like how i used to before the accident, it upsets me and i dont really know how to feel about it…itd be nice to get some feed back if anybody else has been through this and felt the same way and what to expect…