Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

how?

how?
by BrittneyC on Aug 05, 2015, 12:28PM

So I had moved out of my parents and in with my boyfriend around September of 2014. I had come home to visit for the week and decided I would message my niece Sabrina on facebook to come hang out with me. She never replied and hadn’t posted on facebook in a long time. After this I messaged her boyfriend asking him to tell her I wanted to see her. Well he said he would every time after I had asked him to do so about 5-6 times. I began to get frustrated so I asked him why she has never messaged me (very calmly). Then he started cussing me out saying that she talked to everyone in her family except me because I’m “a dumb cunt”. He said that I wasn’t allowed to talk to my niece and “his child” ever again. Which I had never done anything to hurt my niece sabrina in anyways. I had given her and her son a home when they had nowhere to go, didn’t tell her and her baby daddy to pay rent, and I baby sat the 2 year old boy when they were busy almost everyday. So as you would guess I was very pissed and told him that my nephew was not his son and that they were my fAmily NOT his. So he told me sabrina was pissed and wanted to fight me.

We planned how this was going to happen (when and where). I gathered my friends and my other niece Taleah to come watch the fight. We all stood around getting excited waiting for them to show up, I had asked several people to get videos because I honestly wanted to prove that I’m tough and can fight well. So we waited. Fpr a whole we didn’t think they were going to show up. Finally they arrived. Her boyfriend was driving a white SUV and she was sitting in the passenger seat. She rolls down the window and starts cussing at me because I had brought so many people. She kept asking if it would be a 1 on 1 fight. She kept saying she was going to get jumped by me and my other niece (her sister) when she knows for a fact that we don’t jump people. She refused to get out of the car so I went to the window and started to kick the car. He got mad and started to rev his engine. That’s when it happened. He backed up…..

None of this do I remember. I was told what happened by my niece Taleah. I don’t really even remember waking up in the hospital because my brain injury was so bad. To this day I don’t remember wanting to fight her, waiting to fight her, or even getting ran over. So as he started tp back up he started running over my ankle. Then the mirror knocked me over and they ran over my entire body from head to toe. Then they ran off and pulled a hit and run. My friends were so shocked and had no idea if I was ok. My niece Taleah ran to my side along with my friend Marcel. Marcel immediately ripped off his shirt and wrapped it around my head to stop the bleeding while Taleah sat me up because I was choking on blood. I was gasping for air and was still awake yet I have no recollection. Taleah emediatly called 911. They took me to the hospital in Stockton first then rushed me to UC Davis in Sacramento when they had realised my brain was bleeding.

At UC Davis I was put on life support because I had a collapsing lung. My brain was so badly injured that they didn’t even have to put me on medication to be put in an induced comma. I was already in one on my own. I had a bleeding brain, collapsing lung, a shattered pelvic bone, broken fistula, ribs, jaw, nose, cheek and brow bone. I was almost dead the doctors Said. They had said that if my friends were not there I was minutes away from dying from bleeding. I was in the hospital for about 3 weeks struggling for my life and not one visit or phone call from the people that had done this to me.

I had woken up completely out of it. Saying my aunt was my boyfriends sister and that I was in the hospital because I donated organs to a pregnant lady. I had no idea I was hurt, or what had happened. I was just happy that my daddy, mom and boyfriend sat at my bedside the entire time. I had so many family members praying and coming to see me. Even from out of state because nobody thought they were going to see me alive again. The nurses were apparently amazing (I don’t remember). I don’t even remember weeks after getting out of the hospital.

To this day this is all I talk about, think about or dream about. I constantly have nightmares about killing her with my bare hands and running her and her boyfriend over. But I won’t. I’m going to get my revenge legally instead. I’ve decided because of this incident that I will no longer use my fists to solve my problems. Instead I am suing her and her boyfriend. Me and my family have no money and are quite poor so the fact that it costed 174,000$ to keep me alive means that if I don’t sue them we could be homeless.

He will also be going to jail. Sabrina however didn’t understand what the DA meant when he talked to her. She thinks he dropped the case entirely when really he postponed it and has up to 2 years to start trial.her boyfriend will be put to justice. She keeps posting statuses on facebook saying stuff like “haha I hope you’re mad. You can’t put my man in jail. The DA dropped it now its your turn. You deserved it. We were scared for our lives. You caused this.” She has been telling people I’m the one who started it, that I’m the one who didn’t want to fight her, that we were all going to jump them" blah blah blah. She’s just trying to make herself sound better and not so terrible when really…. she is. She doesn’t know that I have people on facebook keeping an eye on her. I have plenty of evidence to take to court to have her son taken by CPS. I even have a video of her taking shots and saying how drunk she is while her child sits in the same chair as her.

She thinks she’s invincable and that nothing bad is going to happen. She claims that I caused this when I really didn’t. She posts statuses talking carp about me all the time. She still parties every day like nothing happened. Two weeks after my in eden she posted a status saying “so done with that side of my fan. Thank god I’m getting married to my hard work in man next week” she tells everyone we ducked her over and made her like a slave when in reality her child called me mommy because he thought I was. I took care of him that much. She never changed a diaper, gave a bath or fed him unless we yelled at her for it. She was always on her phone talking to boys instead. In fact that’s how she met her new husband. By going on a dating site. She met him then started dating him the next day and moved in two days after that.

How can your own family do this to you? After everything I did for her and her son? If it weren’t for me she would be homeless. I need help so bad from this. I’m going to therapy soon thank god.

Reply: how?
by KatyHollis on Aug 05, 2015, 01:10PM

I’m so sorry to read your story and I hope you continue to heal. I hope therapy gives you the support you need. Wishing you all the best!