Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Are there any other amputees on here?

Are there any other amputees on here?
by JulieS on Feb 23, 2016, 10:50PM

Hi, I am an above knee amputee due to a motorcycle accident 14 years ago. The accident was not my fault and I did not get a settlement of any kind. Sorry but those are the first 2 questions I am asked. Was it your fault, did you get lots of money….Some people just don’t get it. Anyway, I just found this sight and was wondering if there are any other amputees on here that became an amputee because of their trauma/accident. Thanks

Reply: Are there any other amputees on here?
by og61pbass on Feb 23, 2016, 11:46PM

I was in a MC accident on May 2 2015, I’m still recovering, lost my left leg below knee, just had my shoulder surgery on January 25 this year, I’m still in a sling for 2 more weeks then PT, it wasn’t my fault, someone turned right into me at an intersection I was going about 45 mph. Me and my bike were thrown about 20 feet from the impact , They had minimum insurance coverage and I had under insured I didn’t get that much after lawyers took their 33% , haven’t worn my prosthesis for more than a month because of infections and revisions and now I’m waiting for a big blister to heal on my stump, it’s been a long road and I’m not done yet..

by diesel on May 03, 2016, 09:58PM

I am a below the knee amputee from a motorcycle accident that was the driver of the car that hit me’s fault. I am also not expecting much money from this either. I am only 8 months into my recovery and still wondering when the pain will stop. I also am a brain injury survivor from 2007. The brain injury was nothing compared to losing my leg though

by diesel on May 05, 2016, 08:27PM

I live in Joppa maryland

by ewysocki on May 10, 2016, 11:02PM

Diesel- there is a TSN Support Group that meets in Baltimore, MD. I can get you connected with their coordinator, if you like.

Liz Wysocki
TSN National Coordinator
ewysocki@amtrauma.org

by diesel on May 11, 2016, 11:41AM

that would be great

by local2100 on Nov 28, 2017, 10:55PM

Yes, I am an above the left knee amputee. I also lost the middle finger on my left hand. I was in a motorcycle accident 10/2011. I was given a 1% chance to survive. By the grace of God, I am here today.