Rolled my vehicle 7 times with 2 year old son.
by Shelbyrw on May 12, 2016, 01:21AM

Let me start out by telling you my son Kenny was in the accident. He was ejected on the 2nd roll without a single scratch or bruise. How I cant explain but thank God!! I remember everything. Not sure if it’s a good thing or not yet. I was halfway ejected on the 6th roll and my navigator rolled on top of me crushing my pelvis and my lower vertebrae’s in my back. Both of my lungs collapse and my chest cavity was filling up with blood. The man that stopped to help me is an angel. At that point I knew that I was going to die. I asked him to tell my family I loved them and I wanted them to know they were the last thing on my mind before I died. I never thought I would see them again. He held me upright doing everything he could to comfort me. He listened to me and talked to me until I lost consciousness. I was 30+ miles from any town and because of the weather Mercy flight from two different towns was not able to get to me. I received CPR until the ambulance got there and I continued receiving CPR until I got to the hospital. I lost 16 pints of blood and recieved 18. I have 9 broken ribs. My sternum is broken and in no way am I upset about my ribs and sternum. That is CPR at its finest. I have a list of things I could tell you what is wrong with me but I’m going to skip it for now. What I am asking and looking for is answers or advice how to deal with the fact that even though my son is ok, what if he wasn’t? Iys the what if’s that keep me up. I can not forgive myself for putting him in harms way. My whole perspective on life is changed. Drastically!! Everything is different and I appreciate life more than ever. I am a wreck right now. I am home but I’m in bed most of the day. My husband and all three of my kids have been amazing to me. Will this feeling of quilt ever subside a little and what about the what if’s? Before I had this accident I was diagnosed with PTSD, Bipolar disorder, Trama induced ADHD, Anxiety and I feel them all coming back full force. I’m scared and if anyone can tell me how to start coping and trying to move on I’d appreciate it very much. Anything would help. Thanks in advance.