Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

One in a Million

One in a Million
by Kashford28 on May 13, 2016, 04:15PM

My car accident was June 16, 2014. It was my 10 month old son and I in the car, I of course was driving and his car seat was behind my seat. We hit a tree head on and rolled 3-4 times down the embankment. I must have been knocked out at first because when I came to it felt like we were just going off the road. I could hear Travis screaming in his seat but I couldn’t move to help or comfort him. A man came to my car saying he saw the crash and had called 911 then he took Travis out of his seat. That was the last time I saw my son. Alone in my car waiting for help I looked around and saw the dashboard stuck in my thigh, broken wrist, I couldn’t feel my left leg, but thankfully my body was in shock so I didn’t feel pain, just fear. I was cut out of the car and let me say how terrifying the Jaws of Life are. I was airlifted to Stanford, and on the way my heart stopped for the first time and I was revived. I’m not sure what happened next because I was put on a coma for 2 months. My injuries included fractured left wrist, right femur, shattered left side of my pelvis, shredded aorta, foot drop and nerve damage all on the left side. My son fractured his left femur and has healed up perfectly.

Reply: One in a Million
by ScarlettC on Jul 30, 2016, 08:53PM

You mean that was the last time you saw your son before being hospitalized correct? The wording confused me. I am so happy you both are healing! Wish you the best in recovery.