Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

minor accident- PTSD

minor accident- PTSD
by ElizabethSmith1986 on Oct 23, 2016, 11:14AM

hello, I was in a accident where I was hit from behind. I told the truth on my statement that I wasn’t sure if I was moving or changing gears while I was backing out of the driveway. I looked, the street was clear, I live very close to a busy street, so she could have whipped around the corner as I was trying to go straight on the street and she hit the back corner of the the drivers side if my car and after she hit me she continued to drive because her car was scraped from end to end. I got out cause I was in shock, she said she didn’t see me, but then started blaming me anyway. yes she had the right of way, but she was traveling forward and had more visibility then me, wasn’t looking and wasn’t in control of her car, she didn’t beep at me, she didn’t stop her car after we hit, she is partially responsible. I got back into the car and started having neck pain and wrist pain. the paramedics came, I had a panic attack, my phone died and no one had a charger, the only number I knew was my husbands but his phone was off. the paramedics wanted to take me in the ambulance, but I didn’t want to go alone. the police officer didn’t want to leave me, he called my husband one more time and he was on his way. I went the ER, had a wrist fracture, whiplash and back pain. I’ve been to weeks of physical therapy, had a cast on for a month, still have months of recovery left. I found out yesterday that SHE has an attorney and is suing my insurance for giving her %30 responsibility. her insurance gave me %100 liability without even seeing her car!!!! all they had was her statement, no witnesses or any other evidence!! (im going to file a complaint against the insurance company when all is said and done)she went to work the same day as the accident, I’ve missed over a month and who knows how much more. I’ve had the last few weeks stolen and this lying bitch could get away with no responsibility. I’ll take some, I’m adult enough to do that. I looked at her record, she has done this before. it’s gone into arbitration, and I’m hoping since they are looking at all the evidence they will find her partially responsible. I told the truth, she lied, and I’m getting screwed. I’m in pain, and won’t get back to normal for months and she just wants money and is lying to do it. I just want justice, I want justice that is all and right now, there is no justice for me and it feels like I’m getting hit all over again. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, it could take months for arbitration. I don’t know how this women lives with herself. I believe in karma, she will get what’s coming to her…. but since she has been in multiple accidents, it makes me wonder if she hit me on purpose because she has the right of way… and she knew she could get money for claiming soreness…..god I hope not! i already have depression and this whole thing has just made it worse….I don’t know how to cope, I’ve told a few friends but I only really have my husband to talk to, I don’t have any best friends to talk to or that would understand….thanks for hearing my story

Reply: minor accident- PTSD
by EileenFlores on Jul 15, 2017, 06:08PM

Thank you for sharing your story. So sorry to hear of the pain you have experienced. You are not alone. Keep moving forward in your healing process. Survive. Connect. Rebuild.