Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Fall survivors?

Fall survivors?
by Madster on Apr 05, 2017, 10:34PM

Hello. I experienced a pretty bad fall last year, now that life is somewhat returning to normal I feel as if flashbacks and memories of the experience are hitting me more frequently now. Not really sure what to do or how to cope with these. Any and all advice/words would be appreciated.

Reply: Fall survivors?
by EileenFlores on Jul 15, 2017, 05:28PM

We’re thinking of you as you continue to heal from your traumatic fall. Many trauma survivors experience nightmares and flashbacks of their traumatic event. A great resource is the National Center for PTSD at www.ptsd.va.gov Also, you could find a local counselor to discuss therapy options for treatment. www.samhsa.gov We’re cheering for you in your healing process. Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

Reply: Fall survivors?
by Jeannie723 on Jul 21, 2017, 07:02PM

Hi Madster, I also had a bad fall in the beginning of April of this year. As I can relate with ruminating and having sleepless nights over what happened, I also had experienced PTSD flashbacks the month of my fall accident, but they were of childhood abuse trauma. For flashbacks, I was given some basic coping tools such as putting my feet on the floor and/or sitting on the floor. This strangely helped me to feel more connected with reality and helped me feel safer. You are not alone.