Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Gun shot victum and survivor.

Gun shot victum and survivor.
by jrpaulthompson on Jun 12, 2017, 12:04PM

March 7th 2017 I was on my way home from work when I suddenly became the focal point for another motorist that was having some issues. Apparently I did something to upset the guy, and to make a long story short this developed into aggressive driving on both of our parts which led to a roadside confrontation. I made the mistake of pulling over to see what the problem was and came face to face with a guy that just wanted to fight, at all cost. Once the physical fight started to go in my favor the other guy pulled a gun which I never saw. He shot me twice, once in the left foot, and once in the left thigh with a 9mm hand gun. The shot to the thigh broke my femur bone and severed the femoral artery. This also led to compartment syndrome which can be a life or death issue on it’s own. I have returned twice to hospital care following the original stay due to infections. The first infection showed up in the left thigh, and the second developed at a donor site on my right leg. I’ve had multiple surgeries, missed a couple months of work, half without pay, and still have a long road for recovery ahead. As of 6/12/17 I’m still under doctors care, physical therapy and seeing a Psychologist for emotional help. I thank God for another chance in life.

Reply: Gun shot victum and survivor.
by aviashuler on Jul 06, 2017, 04:03AM

I know how you feel. I was kudnapoed robbed and shot three times with a .380. I was in the hospital for a total of 15 days. The good thing is we survived our gunshot wounds. God was on our side my friend!! Stay strong.

Reply: Gun shot victum and survivor.
by EileenFlores on Jul 14, 2017, 11:51PM

Thankful that you are moving forward in your recovery process. Keep going! Survive. Connect. Rebuild.