Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Micrale Blessing

Micrale Blessing
by Nhiggins on Jun 15, 2017, 11:19PM

March 12,2017 I woke up got dress called my best friend to come pick me up. An hour later he comes, we go to the store to get him a outfit for his sons part. After that we go to his house he gets ready,we get the cake and the party bags and we head out. We hit the highway my sister facetime me(I’m the passenger). We get off at 367 exit. Next thing I hear is my best friend say “oh shitttt” my head was still down!!. I didn’t feel a thing and was not aware of what happen. I woke up 6 days later in icu (I spent 17 days total in the hospital) still unaware of what happen or my condition. We where hit head on with the driver that hit us going 100+mph. I woke up to discover I had fractured toes, both legs where fractured the bone came out of one.the back of my right foot (my heel) was fractured. My pelvis was fractured front and back,my hip came out the socket and was also fractured.I had internal bleeding from my lungs and small intestate with multiple other organs bruised. My face on the lift side was also fractured. And ended up with a whole from idk what in the of my head… I am unable to walk and still can’t walk to this day .when the time is right I will have to learn to walk all over again… I’m happy to be alive but the pain and the thoughts I’ve have I wouldn’t wish on no one! This is the hardest things I’ve ever had to endure and I wanna just give up sometimes but eveday I fight because I knw things will get better

Reply: Micrale Blessing
by EileenFlores on Jul 15, 2017, 05:03PM

Thank you for sharing your survivor story. Keep fighting as a survivor even on the days that you want to give up. You are not alone and we are cheering for you. Survive. Connect. Rebuild.