Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Vehicular Homicide

Vehicular Homicide
by willwatkins on Jul 16, 2017, 04:10AM

When I was 17, about 4 years ago, I decided to buy a fast tuner car, dodge neon with way too much power to handle, caused the car to have massive torque steer. It was no issue on dry pavement, but the first rainy night all summer, I was at the top of graham hill, when I decided to speed downhill with my friends Jacob and Zach in the car, we then started to torque steer and the car spun itself around, flipping upside down and knocking me unconscious. I awoke in an ambulance to find out my car rolled 7 times at 85mph, and my friend zach wasn’t wearing his seatbelt and I’m responsible for his death. He shouldn’t have needed to wear his seatbelt, I should have had self control. I’m struggling 4 years later with disc bulges in my thoracic spine, and I’m having a lot of trouble working out my posture and staying out of pain, if anyone has similar experiences, even without the car accident, I’d appreciate if you’d reach out to me, I’m dying for some connection with like people…..

Reply: Vehicular Homicide
by aviashuler on Jul 16, 2017, 05:00AM

Hey bro I’m sorry to hear about what happened to you!! I can relate to your pain. Last month I was shot 3 times in the stomach back and arm. I have one bullet still in my spine! It hurts a lot and I also have trouble with posture. It missed my spinal cord by a centimeter. What helps me cope with the pain is a heating pad. I honestly think it works better than the pain killers. Also you don’t want to become addicted to the meds. I sometimes ice my back right after applying the heat it helps so much. If you need any help bro I can listen.