Shot while visiting mom on her birthday
by Rashawn 1995 on Nov 15, 2017, 04:18AM

I was 20 years old and enjoying life as a teenage, I had recently found a job and working to save up to buy a engine for the car that grandparent had given me.Everything seem to be working fine and going my way. The morning of Aug 27, I decided to go visit my girl friend, We had a good time and instead of going home I decided to visit my mom for her birthday. I left my girlfriend house and waited on the bus but this is Sunday and the bus can takes a long time to come.so I decided to walk to my mom house which was about 2 miles away. It took me about 45 mins but I finally arrived on my mom street and I noticed a red car across from me with about 4 guys in it but it was summer time so I just figure they was out having fun. As I walk pass the alley, the car decided to do a u turn and cut me off, so I went behind the car and kept walking about 20 feet, then I heard the words that wound change my life for ever. A guy said with a loud voice Gimmie your shot, I turned and seen him with a gun, I started to run and he fired a shot that hit me in the head, I fell to ground but for the grace of God kept on running and made it to the neighbor. I ended up jumping a fence and people still wonder how did I jump it since it was so tall. Anyway I am in between 2 fences and I don’t know if these guys are behind me. I prayed to god to please let me live and he answer my prayer. It been 22 years since that day but mental pain still exist. The bullet still in my head and physical I can do normal things but mentally I am a wreck, I am depressed all the time and I stay to myself it hard to trust anyone but by the grace of God, I am still here.Amen