Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

I was in a horrible T-bone car accident

I was in a horrible T-bone car accident
by mela7 on Jan 19, 2018, 07:55AM

My name is Adrienne, and on May 3rd of 2017, I was dropping my friends off after school when we got into an accident. I was making a left turn on a main road with a bad hill. I was hit by a Ford F-150 directly on my driver door. Luckily, my three friends that were with me all got out, but I was pinned inside my car. I remember waking up.. feeling confused. I looked up and saw my windshield was shattered, and there was glass all over my arms. Pain is what came next. I didn’t see any of my friends at first, but there was a lady that saw the accident and came over to help. She was holding my hand telling me everything was going to be ok, and I just remember thinking how much pain I was in. I saw my one friend through my windshield, he told me I was going to be ok too, but his face said differently. I remember hearing the sirens and firetrucks and thinking that I need to hold on for a little longer until help gets here. The next thing I remember, I was on a stretcher. I saw a lot of people standing around.. watching. I remember thinking to myself “I’m going to die.” I couldn’t breath, and I was in so much pain it was unbearable. In the ambulance, all I could think about was my mom and dad… how I would never see them again. I thought of my best friend who I treated horribly those past few weeks… how I would never see her again to tell her I’m sorry. Having a near death experience is terrible, but the worst part is what comes after it. No one ever really prepares you for this. My injuries were extensive…I had a lacerated spleen which was leaking into my stomach, broken hip, fractured pelvis in three places, and air sockets that were around my heart and lungs.

Reply: I was in a horrible T-bone car accident
by EileenFlores on Jan 20, 2018, 12:03AM

Adrienne, Thank you for sharing your survivor story! We are cheering for you in your healing and recovery process!

Reply: I was in a horrible T-bone car accident
by Hanouna on Jan 27, 2018, 01:48AM

Hello Adrienne. I too had a car accident almost six years ago on the day prior to Valentine’s Day that left me paralyzed from waist down, so I know how you feel and I wish you a very speedy recovery, I hope that you are feeling much better. Just hang in there because it will get better and you will come out a better person from this accident. Remember that your attitude plays a big role and feel free to reach out to me whenever you feel the need to. Stay strong!