Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

This all really happened to 1 person before 30yo

This all really happened to 1 person before 30yo
by Chuckelles on Jan 27, 2018, 01:37PM

In 2003 I was in a near fatal car accident(my own fault from drinking and driving)lucky for me I was the only occupant.I do not remember much from the accident but I ended up breaking every rib on my left side,my pelvis and hip as well as internal injuries.my splien ruptured,kidney popped and my diaphragm was herniated.i was able to recover for the most part.i still live in some pain but things can always be worse. Then in Oct 2009 I was living in Florida with my parents and always slept with contacts in.I ended up at st.pete ER because my right eye hurt really bad.they said it was pink eye and sent me home with some drops.a few hours later I had go back to another ER where they said it is an infection and the drops were making it worse.after 2 weeks on antibiotics they were unable to save my eye so now I have a glass right eye.and lastly(I hope the very last in my life)in dec 2010 I was sick with a cold of some sort and because I have no splien and got very bad and turned into bacterial meningitis.i was in a induced coma for 2 weeks and when they woke me up I was able to remember everything,suddenly I had turn for worse so they put me back under.when I woke the next time my brain was fried.It took about 1 week of me talking nonsense before what seemed like a light switch flipped and I was back.

Reply: This all really happened to 1 person before 30yo
by Courtbrown96 on Feb 06, 2018, 01:11AM

Hi Chuckelles I am sorry to here about your accident and everything that has happened. I to broke my hip from an accident but for me they had to put a rod in my hip and i messed up my eye. I hope all is going well for you.