Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

High Speed Car Crash

High Speed Car Crash
by chris22202 on Jun 12, 2018, 05:39PM

Hi. I was in a high speed rollover crash involving a Mustang, a fence, a large pole and wet roads. I lost control of my car at about 100mph (yes, this was stupid) went thru fence and bounced off a pole. The car rolled, unsure of how many times there were no witnesses, and came to rest right side up. I broke nine ribs, my sternum, five vertebrae, my left wrist, my femur (compound) and my femur again (at the hip.) I guess I’m lucky to be alive as I had no internal or head injuries. I’ve had fourteen surgeries, three removing a Staph infection from one of them, and it has taken two years and 129 days in the hospital just to be able to walk with a cane. All I wanted to say, was speeding is dumb. If I’d have been driving 60 I would be in a lot better shape. Please, reduce your speed. I was extremely lucky, you may not be! I was only going 12 miles to work. If driving the speed limit it would have taken just few minutes longer to get there. Hardly worth it, was it?

Reply: High Speed Car Crash
by bolenbaucher on Jun 13, 2018, 07:08PM

Hi Chris, Good to hear from you. Definitely was a bad crash and a long journey with your surgeries etc. Thank you for being so determined to get better and for sharing your story. Rosie